I don’t have this bike anymore. I wasn’t riding it at all after buying the Norco Magnum GT so I donated it to Bikeworks. Another volunteer snapped it up right away.
I purchased this bike via a Kijji ad for $50.00. If I’m interpreting the serial number correctly it’s an ’85 bike. The decals show that it was made by Kuwahara. I’m guessing it was just above the entry level Apollo’s but I could be wrong. The paint is in great condition aside from a few rust spots, the decals are mostly intact and it was in tuned up shape for riding. What a deal! I replaced the racing saddle with a Wright’s W3N leather saddle and replaced the clipless pedals with some old road pedals I had kicking around. This bike is fast, solid and has become my daily commuter in the couple of weeks I’ve had it. I’ve found the rear derailleur a bit finicky when shifting but I don’t have enough experience with older bikes to know if this is typical.
Here are some of the vital stats:
- Suntour AR Derailleurs
- Suntour downtube clamp-on shifters
- Diacompe Sidepull Brakes and levers
- Kusuki Winpista Bars
- Sugino Cranks
- Araya 27″ alloy rims with Suzue Hubs
- 52/40 front, 7 speed 12-28 rear
- eyelets for rack and fenders on back, eyelets for fender on front
- RD is mounted with a claw (no hanger on the frame)
- One set of water bottle bosses